Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bibs for grown women?

Yes. Bib necklaces. They are popping up everywhere for 2009! Many designers' spring collections show how these bib necklaces are hot for your winter getaway or your new spring gear.

Who What Wear reported to me earlier this week the latest 2009 trends. I gasped when I saw the bib necklaces. I've seen them in a few runway shots from Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2009, ready-to-wear collection. I even saw some on the red carpet here and there, but I never put two and two together; until I saw the trend resurfacing again and again.

Bib Necklaces: Marc by Marc Jacobs, Burberry (top), Chanel (bottom)



Red carpet: Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison at Dolce & Gabanna's 8th U.S. D&G store opening in LA; both wearing D&G.

Another spread that caught my eye was from Cynthia Rowley's Resort collection; she presents feminine classics. To add a touch of trendiness she really shows off how far you can go with these bib necklaces; they doubled up as matching visors to Japenese inspired robes and harem pants (or some of you know them more as M.C. Hammer pants). How brilliant!?

Spring 2009 is drowning me with inspiration. Take a look at some to help inspire your wardrobe; who knows it might spark a warm weather destination for yourself. *wink*




Source: Style.com; whowhatwear.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loveee them dearly!
Esepcially the burberry one..